Are you ready for some football?

by debi9kids on September 16, 2011

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
*This is the first year I have ever had any of my kids play football and 3 of my boys decided to sign up this year: Alex, Teddy & Henry.
It’s been quite an experience already and the season has JUST started. I must say, my heart is in my throat every second of the game while my heart is playing on the field.

You know, that saying:
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone

Renata September 17, 2011 at 12:18 am

Hi Debi

It was lovely to get your comment & I'm so glad you are back blogging! I look forward to catching up on all your news when I can. I currently have a house full of visitors & couldn't be happier!!

Have awonderful weekend dear friend

Love to you

Renata:)

debi9kids September 17, 2011 at 7:17 am

Oh how wonderful for you to have a house full of visitors! I know how much it means to you since it doesn't happen often.
Enjoy and we'll catch up later 🙂

self sagacity September 17, 2011 at 1:28 pm

a dozen is enough. no? eight is never enough, 🙂

debi9kids September 17, 2011 at 4:03 pm

very true. I'd have another & another in a heart beat 🙂

Brenda Youngerman September 17, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I just found you through SWS – great blog – by the way

Watching children grow up – no matter what age is a challenge – can't imaging watching all 3 on the field at the same time!

debi9kids September 17, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Yes, it is rough. My poor heart hurts 😉

Sarah K. (TheMamaPir September 17, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Oh goodness, that quote gave me goosebumps. It is so true. Your boys look great in their uniforms! Go team!

Found you through 6 Word Saturday!

debi9kids September 17, 2011 at 6:28 pm

I know! It's funny how it just seems like a silly quote until you actually become a mom and realize your heart IS walking around outside of your body….

betty September 17, 2011 at 8:20 pm

visiting from 6-word Saturday; good luck to your boys this season! May it be a great season full of fun and good competition and no injuries!

betty

debi9kids September 18, 2011 at 7:57 am

Amen to that!

Kasi September 17, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Love your blog and those kids are so cute!

debi9kids September 18, 2011 at 7:56 am

Thank you so much! I think so too 😉

Inspiration to Dream September 17, 2011 at 11:44 pm

There's not many blogs I visit from 6WS that I actually read as much as I have of yours. The title of your blog got me first and then of course after I'd read about you I had to read about all of those children of yours and then I had to read some more just to make sure I had it all straight in my head.

So football, wow I don't have much to say about that after all the other stuff I've just read. The quote though, I've heard it before and totally agree

Amazing family, amazing life – and a very interesting read. Thanks for sharing

debi9kids September 18, 2011 at 7:56 am

Thank you so much for taking time to get to know our family! It always means so much to me when someone new finds us and can appreciate who we are and where we've "been" 🙂
Very nice to meet you!

Grace.B September 18, 2011 at 1:01 am

Hello Debbie,

I am Grace your new follower from The six Words Saturday and I'm glad I find your blog even if it's a little late, but I really enjoy this hop with a thema. Well this is a very touching post.

Hope to see you around my blog too.

Grace

debi9kids September 18, 2011 at 7:52 am

Thanks for becoming a new follower 🙂 Welcome & nice to meet you!
I love 6 Words as well and will certainly stop on over to your place to say "hi" too 🙂

Dina @ 4 Lettre Word September 18, 2011 at 2:16 am

Wow…how exciting! And, that quote is so true. 🙂

debi9kids September 18, 2011 at 7:50 am

I know. Crazy thing is it just seems like a silly quote until the day you are a mommy…. and suddenly, no truer words 🙂

Sarah September 18, 2011 at 6:11 am

How fun is that. Too cool. You are a football mom. 😀

debi9kids September 18, 2011 at 7:49 am

OMGosh! You're right! I am! ACK!

Tracey September 18, 2011 at 6:13 am

Wow – all three on the field at once! Glad I only have one to watch! Good luck to the boys and the team! Yes, my heart is in my throat when watching the one I love on the field – praying he doesn't get hurt.

Hugs

debi9kids September 18, 2011 at 7:48 am

I know! It's SO hard to not just cover my eyes the whole time and just pray 😉
You think our football season is crazy? Come track season, I will have 6 kids on the field! ACK!

Leah September 18, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Football! Train 'em right and send 'em on down here to Louisiana where they can play for my LSU Tigers!! I'll take care of them! 🙂

debi9kids September 18, 2011 at 5:18 pm

heehee Leah! You'd be fighting a few of my friends for them 🙂
(although, must admit, I do like those southern schools!)

Kerry September 23, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I am right there with you…the first game I ever saw with my oldest was in 8th grade…first play of the game he was quarterback and got nailed right away and got up slowly….took all my mama power not to run to the field. He played in high school as well and I now have a head full of gray hair lol. We both survived.

BTW I realized my aunt's maiden name is the same as your last name..small world.

debi9kids September 23, 2011 at 7:18 pm

It IS so stressful watching, but exciting at the same time.
I always look forward to the end of the game when they walk off the field 😉