In case you notice me absent… I.am.in.hell.

by debi9kids on October 16, 2011

We are moving.
Impromptu moving,
which is the WORST kind of moving ever,
x 11.
(you know, because we have 11 people’s worth of crap to move)

I.am.LITERALLY.in.hell.

Our “landlords” screwed us.
Big time.

We have been in this rent-to-own hell for YEARS with them and they have taken advantage of us at every single moment they possibly could.
And now, after months of us trying to negotiate with them to either fix the chimney (that is literally falling apart) or allow us to fix it and take the amount we pay off of the principle, they have decided they would prefer to be total a-holes and leave us in a home with NO heat and winter quickly approaching.

Leaving us NO choice but to move.

And I just want to puke when I think about it.
Because finding another home big enough, affordable enough, and available quickly for our size family at such short notice is daunting at best and f’ing hell at worst.

So, where are we going to escape this freezing hell? (and yes, I realize the irony in this last sentence…)
To my parent’s home.
Temporarily.
And praying we don’t kill one another as we CRAM 19 people under one roof.

God help us.
Seriously.
God.Help.Us.
We will need it.

And, so we’re packing.
boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes and oh.my.God, boxes.

And in my “spare” time, I’m escaping so I can go cry in a corner because…
holy crap, this sucks.

Homeless.
with 9 kids.

Talk about an evil, twisted joke.

I know we’ll be ok,
we always are.
God always seems to send the perfect answer in His time, which happens to be at just the moment we need it.
I just wish like hell it didn’t have to suck so bad until we get there.

courtney October 16, 2011 at 3:14 pm

prayers to you!

debi9kids October 16, 2011 at 3:16 pm

thanks C.
I need them.

Peta October 16, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Love and prayers for you all….

debi9kids October 16, 2011 at 3:31 pm

thank you, friend.

Stacy Uncorked October 16, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Ohhhhhhh! You poor thing! That totally sucks pond water. I'll definitely be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!! ((HUGZ!!))

debi9kids October 16, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Thanks. That is putting it mildly 😉

Sharlene October 16, 2011 at 4:08 pm

God wanted you out of that house and he knew the only way to get you out quickly was to do it this way. It sucks and my moments of having to move quickly with two babies seem like a walk in the park compared to what you are going through but I do know you will get through this and you will have clarity on why it happened someday in the future. Until then, I will pray for strength and the perfect home for your family.

debi9kids October 16, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Thanks Shar.
I am sure I will find that clarity at some point as well. Lord, some day.

Cheryl October 16, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Oh Sweet Debi—

Praying….your new/future home will be a place filled with light, love and the promise of happy memory making.

Peace for the transition.

debi9kids October 16, 2011 at 4:24 pm

thank you, my dear friend.
From your fingertips to God's ears 🙂

Stacy October 16, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Debi, I am so sorry to hear this. Like others have said you are in my prayers! Having moved almost 15 times over the past 20 years I can relate to despising moving and having to move under such conditions doe snot make it any easier. If I weren't 6 states away I would be there to help you pack. (((Hugs))) my friend!

Dixiemom7 October 16, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Oh, Debi, I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I am praying for you and your family. That totally completely freakin' sucks – but God is refining you through this fire. He won't leave your side. My new motto is: God is always at the end of my rope. I am praying peace, strength, and joy through the process over you. Choose joy, choose love.

Heather October 16, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Oh that certainly rots Debi ={ Hugs, Love and most importantly prayers. God will show His plan

to you in His time…..which is so hard to wait for. = Will pray His plan is revealed quickly. So sorry Debi. <3

Lauree October 16, 2011 at 5:48 pm

oh no, I'm so sorry. sending hugs, and keeping you all in my prayers. It will work out, you will find a place to call home and it will be better. I'm sure it's hard to see it now, but have faith!

xo

debi9kids October 16, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Thanks Lauree. I sure hope so!
Trying to keep the faith and not allow my anger/depression to get the best of me.

Barbara Manatee October 16, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I hope you are able to find something big enough and BETTER sooner than you think. Fingers crossed and sending prayers!

marion October 16, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Holly cow! Sorry Debi. I hope you find something much better and soon. 🙁

Christina October 17, 2011 at 4:12 am

Oh Geez Debi!!!! What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger or some BS like that right?!? I'm sorry! I hope something perfect comes along ASAP!

Pol October 17, 2011 at 11:23 am

So sorry you having to go through this – in my prayers.

Kerry October 17, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Holy cow! Obviously there is something better out there for you. I know it's hard to see during my own trials in life but it's there. Sending lots of prayers and for some stress free moments.

Holly October 17, 2011 at 3:14 pm

So sorry to hear this. I will be thinking of you all as you go thorugh this latest challenge.

BTW, I had an incredible urge to call you on friday evening.

debi9kids October 17, 2011 at 4:06 pm

If you need to talk, call 🙂

Bonnie October 18, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Our prayers go with you. Didn't see the suggestion earlier but would suggest you speak to a lawyer to make sure your rights as a renter are not violated. (yes there are laws concerning this) I hope everything turns out the best for you guys.

cat@juggling act October 19, 2011 at 12:18 am

Praying for the perfect solution my friend. Best of luck.

JennT October 19, 2011 at 7:52 pm

{{{Debi}}} I am so, so sorry that you are enduring yet another trial!! The positive, though, is that you are finally out of that house. You have had so many problems there from the very beginning. Praying for just the right situation for you and your family!!

I agree that maybe you should speak to your lawyer about this situation. Renters are supposed to be protected from things like this. I know for a fact that in PA, the landlord must provide a working heat source. (of course the utility payments can and often are the tenants' responsibility…but the landlord MUST have a working heat source in the building) http://www.ocl.pitt.edu/rental/tenant-rights.html (look under 'habitability')

My mom was a real estate agent (in MD) for a couple years when I was in later elementary school/early middle school. We have asked her input about rent-to-own situations before because they can be so attractive. She has said that more often than not, unfortunately the tenant being screwed (she didn't use those words, lol) is a very common scenario. Praying for you guys that just the right situation comes up for you. In the meantime… It could be really precious time you and your kids have with your folks.

Hugs and prayers…