the post where the pictures have NOTHING to do with the words

by debi9kids on February 7, 2012

These pictures have absolutely nothing to do with this post.
I happened to travel down to NJ this weekend with the kids to celebrate the Super Bowl with my inlaws and got some cute shots that I wanted to share.

my thoughts are just…
scattered.
I’m not Catholic.
As a matter of fact, Russ was and it became an issue for us while planning our wedding because I am Lutheran.
It was stressful and left me with a bitter taste in my mouth towards Catholicism.
That being said,
I am angry for Catholics.
And really for anyone in the United States that loves and desires religious freedom.
I’m going there too.
(because going here wasn’t enough for me 😉 )

Let me be clear,
I do believe in birth control.
Absolutely.
Obviously, I wish my husband did as well.
(yes, I went there too)
However, just because I think we should use birth control doesn’t mean I can or should be able to tell you or anyone else to do it.
(and trust me, sometimes I sure wish I could)
That would be like someone telling me what kinds of foods I should be able to eat.
{Wait! They are!)
But I digress…
It’s wrong.

Religious freedom for all is our right.
Birth control is not.
I’m just sayin’.

If you want to hear a much more eloquent argument, read Senator Marco Rubio’s op ed in the NYTimes.

Joining in with 7 Clown Circus , Lolli and Parenting by Dummies for Wordful Wednesday.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nut February 7, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I'm so out of the loop on this, I think. Are you saying that the church has issued a mandate one way or another?

debi9kids February 7, 2012 at 7:38 pm

no. It's a federal mandate forcing the Catholic church to provide birth control for all Catholics, even though it's strictly against their religious beliefs.
The Bishops have issued a formal reply.

Michelle @ One Craft February 7, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Totally cute pictures. It looked like you had a great time. I'm so not touching the topic you mentioned in your post. LOL

debi9kids February 7, 2012 at 7:40 pm

thanks and no problem.
I realize not everyone is on the same page and that's ok 😉
It's an odd topic anyway… seems like one Pro-Lifers should be for and Pro-Choicers should be against, but seems to be the opposite.

Cat@jugglingact February 8, 2012 at 3:58 am

Beautiful pictures and regardless of all I do not think the state can issue a mandate against the church just as the church can not rule the state. If that makes sense.

debi9kids February 8, 2012 at 5:10 am

Exactly. That is how our law is written and our Federal govt is trying to over-write it.

Julie Bouf February 8, 2012 at 6:58 am

Love the pics. Somehow I missed that dress up fun! Loved having guys over!!!!!! Can't wait until you're settled in so we can come up to visit you!

debi9kids February 8, 2012 at 8:08 am

yes, they looked FABULOUS 🙂
Thanks for having us. It was LONG overdue.

Tracy February 8, 2012 at 8:39 am

I am Catholic. I respectfully disagree. No one is forcing Catholics, or anybody else, to USE birth control. They are asking that it be paid for if you as an individual choose to use it. Most of the Catholic families I know have 2 or 3 children. I guarantee you that Catholics are using birth control. I could sure use the $500/year I'm currently paying for it, because my insurance doesn't cover it. I feel that this is another issue of unmarried men dictating something over which they have NO IDEA what it means. I firmly believe that people should be allowed to choose the number of children in their families. Whether that is your 8, or my 4, or someone else's 1, should be up to the family, not up to some guy in a funny hat with no clue how a family is run.

debi9kids February 8, 2012 at 9:01 am

My insurance has honestly never covered my birth control and I've never had an issue with it.
I've just always felt like if I wanted it, I would pay for it. (which I have)

ps I realized lots of people would disagree and that's ok 😉
I do know they aren't making people use birth control, but I do think it becomes a slippery slope when the govt is allowed to dictate to religious groups what is allowed and what isn't. Who or what would be next?