it’s my fault

by debi9kids on February 9, 2012

My daughter still sleeps in my bed.
And I have done nothing to really stop it.Ok, I sort-of tried last year in March, but lost the battle with my strong-willed daughter and just…
gave up trying.

And, if I can be really, really honest,
I don’t care
too much.

I know.
I should care.

And while I can say a good portion of it is Emma coming to me on nights when Russ isn’t here and begging to sleep in my bed with me because “I’m scared”, “I’m cold”, “I’m sad”, or my personal favorite, “I’m keeping daddy’s pillow warm”, for the most part, it’s me.

I let Emma sleep in my bed because she snuggles with me and she’s warm, and full of love, and my babies are growing up and Lord knows it won’t be long before she’d rather be anywhere but with me.

So, I’m savoring it…

Playing along with Photo Story & Best Shot hosted by Cecily and Lolli

lesa February 9, 2012 at 4:29 pm

My husband was the one who started it with my daughter. However, I am guilty of letting it continue. Sissy usually does it when Daddy is gone, and I usually let her because I am tired and because she is so gosh darn cute and cuddly. Of course, when I get kicked in the ribs, I swear I will never do it again, but of course it doesn't last. 🙂

debi9kids February 9, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I hear you Lesa! That's EXACTLY how it works here too… it's way worse when Russ isn't here, of course.

Holly February 9, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Ahhh, enjoy it, she will be all grown up before long, I never cared when my kiddos slept with me, now they hardly want to snuggle at all…..

Cecily R February 9, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Savor on, my friend. 🙂 Oh, and I love a good sleeping kid shot. 🙂

Dominique@Dominique& February 9, 2012 at 8:21 pm

I'm still trying to get my gal to sleep on her bed(which is next to mine) the majority of the night but she still climbs over into bed with us. Hopefully when she turns 2 she will be able to sleep on her own bed.

Marion February 9, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Adrian used to sleep with me when I got divorced. He was only 2 years and 9 months. And he kept sleeping in my bed till we moved in with David. By then he was 8 years. There was no problem at all. When I told him "now you have to move to your own bed room" he did, he was not angry or sad, nor did he have any nightmares. 😉 Barbara is 11 now and whenever David is on a trip she sleeps in my bed. Adrian has obviously not done it for ages, he is almost 20 😉 You are quite right Debi, enjoy while you can.

Buckeroomama February 10, 2012 at 2:36 am

I totally understand!

The kids are in their own beds, in their own room, but when hubby is away, I actually like it when one or both of them come and sleep with me. 🙂

Raise Them Up February 10, 2012 at 4:45 am

That's a sweet picture. 🙂 My little guy still does the same thing. It's crazy how quickly they grow! Enjoy!!

Cat@jugglingact February 11, 2012 at 10:21 am

Cute pic, but honestly I hate the kids in bed with us, or with me when hubby is away. They are just too restless. Although, I don't mind A so much because she sleeps more peaceful than the boys and loves her own bed and room when dad is back,

debi9kids February 11, 2012 at 2:22 pm

oh, I can't say I love it so much as I enjoy the cozy… but boy, I could do without the feet in my face 😉