a pretty darn good Easter

by debi9kids on April 9, 2012

We had a pretty quiet Easter at home, or at least the beginning part of the day.
Sadly, we slept in after staying up super late watching The Passion and missed church, so we greeted Easter morning with a big brunch made by Russ.
(and, of course, the kids eating chocolate hand-over-fist as well)

Our “morning” was followed by rushing around for me to get kids dressed, hair fixed, and the kids posing for their obligatory portraits (esp since I’ve realized that this might be the last real holiday photo session where all the kids are home at the same time.)
After pictures were done being taken some of the kids went inside to change, the boys went out front to throw the football around, the older girls did what they do 😉  , Emma and Will went inside with Nanny Deb, and Russ and I hid eggs outside for our youngest 3 to find (which of course was accomplished within 5 minutes of them stepping back outside 😉 )
Will was really funny too, because we usually expect him to just not be bothered with these sorts of things, but we still try every time just hoping he might and
this time he actually did!
He not only noticed the eggs, but ran straight over to them, ripped them open, threw the candy to the ground and ran away with the egg pieces. haha
He could care less about candy! { I swear sometimes I wonder how he can be my genetic child }

We had an impromptu ham dinner (meaning I didn’t actually plan on making a big dinner, but big dinner we had none-the-less) and then my sister Beth & her husband Phil came over for a bit to visit along with Phil’s mom, my mom and some of my youngest siblings.
It was really nice to spend time with them, even if it was short. (that’s kind of how it is with family, right? All time is precious.)

Our evening ended with Guitar Hero which we haven’t played in ages, and ages, and ages.

And, aside from some of our normal teenager stress (seriously, I know they need friends, but as a mom, shouldn’t I be able to tell one of them if 900 friends on Facebook is too many???), it was a pretty good way to spend a very blessed day.

Playing along with Twinfatuation for Makes My Monday.

Beth Zimmerman April 8, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Sounds awesome, Debi! You have such a precious and beautiful family!

Tracey April 9, 2012 at 3:01 am

I love all the pictures, you have such good looking children. I commented on FB that Steph and Gaby could be models! I also really like the new banner for your blog.

Heather April 9, 2012 at 4:24 am

Love all those pictures!! =]

You are so blessed!! =]

Cat@jugglingact April 9, 2012 at 5:11 am

Oh it sounds like a lovely day. And the pictures are great

Cindy April 9, 2012 at 5:41 am

that sounds like a great dinner. We had pizza and chinese. We went to an egg hunt and Kamden had a panic attack. My parents didn't call until after I sent my brother a text telling him to enjoy the day with my parents, and Jim's parents didn't call until almost bedtime, I am sure after they spent they day with his brother and sister and their more important grandkids.

debi9kids April 9, 2012 at 8:59 am

we didn't hear from Russ' parents at all, but in fairness, we didn't call them either.

PS I would've preferred pizza and Chinese 😉
I'm not a fan of ham at all.

Dawn Wright April 9, 2012 at 9:56 am

Happy Easter (a bit late). Looks like your kiddos never stop growing?? What is up with that? 🙂

I love that Will enjoyed his eggs…he he he….even if not the chocolate! 🙂

Cheryl April 9, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Oh Debi, your crew is SO love-filled and joyous! 🙂 These pictures are AMAZING….love how you bask in each and every aspect….

Happy, Happy Day After Easter, Dear Friend—you Make My Monday!

(and I will be remembering you this week in prayer. 🙂 )

Barbara Manatee April 10, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I LOVE all the colors in their clothing – did you build the shirts and dresses all around Emma's dress???? Perfect!!!

Love Will's Egg Hunt strategy! If only we all had the will power to take the egg and leave the candy! ha! Smart boy!! 🙂

Glad you had a nice day!

Alexia @ Babies &amp April 10, 2012 at 9:25 pm

I LOVE your family pictures. The kids are always so smiley and loving. Just so heart warming. Glad you and your family had such a wonderful Easter!

debi9kids April 11, 2012 at 9:29 am