Hey girl. I’m all over that crib tent.

by debi9kids on April 12, 2012

Will still sleeps in a crib.
Actually, it’s more like, Will sleeps in a crib again since we moved from our other house and taking the beds Russ built was too complicated.
So, we bought a crib when we moved in with my parents and bought yet another crib tent (mind you, crib tent number 5) and back in the crib he went.
Happily too.
Honestly, I think that Will really enjoys being in the close quarters of his crib because he’s always happy to be tucked in at night, even if he doesn’t always enjoy having the zipper closed.
Which brings me to his new tent….
Will has a new tent because he has this ability to rip the heck out of them and suddenly the zipper won’t work anymore and his last tent… we were holding it together with links.
You know links, don’t you?
Yes, our “brilliant minds” thought that our 5 year old son who knows how to open the back door, open the back gate, run down the street, open the van and sit behind the wheel wouldn’t be able to figure out how to pull the links apart to get out of his tent.
(I’m telling you, we.are.geniuses.)
Well, we found out the hard way this morning when he pulled those links apart, made an opening big enough to squeeze though, and went down into the kitchen at 6am to help himself to a glass of chocolate milk.
Good times, I tell ya!

So, Will now has a new tent,
With a REAL working zipper.
And he’s safely tucked in bed for the night,
Melatonin starting to work,
and peace of mind for mama again.

And, because Ryan Gosling is always so awesome and supportive of my parenting skills (even when they’re lacking…)

Check out other Hey Girl posters at Extreme Parenthood.

jen April 12, 2012 at 7:33 pm

While I haven't been through nearly as many crib tents, I did have a helluva time with my 4th and her escapades. This bed tent worked WONDERS for us… as long as we we sure not to offer any net-piercing objects up at bed time. I might even have one that is intact somewhere (we had a few!)… let me know if you'd like to have it!

Amanda @ Confessions April 13, 2012 at 1:31 am

I have a love/hate relationship with bed tents. My 5yo wants his on, then off, then on, then off… you get the point.

tulpen April 13, 2012 at 4:40 am

Ryan is just so *handy*.

Flannery April 13, 2012 at 5:49 am

Thank goodness we escaped the crib tent nightmare. Glad you have Ryan to help you out with that!

Rachel April 13, 2012 at 6:27 am

Have you looked into The Nickel Bed? http://www.myreadysetbloom.com/

They are only $160 and you can slide a twin mattress inside. Several of my friends have them and their kids with autism love them. We haven't tried it yet because my daughter has an adaptive canopy bed that was covered by our insurance but that's due to her having additional needs (tube feeding, etc). If that ever stops being an option, though, we are totally getting a Nickel Bed!

Delana April 13, 2012 at 9:28 am

My 4 year old builds her own "tents" and then gets mad when they fall down. I'm scared to go buy her an actual bed tent for fear of having to remove and put it back on 8 MILLION-GAJILLION times in a day.

But at least you have Ryan to help you know. :D

Maria D. April 13, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I was laughing after reading about your 'links' idea because I've been there. When Q was younger and we used babygates to try and keep him out of areas he would literally just go over and pull them down like they weren't even there, no matter how many different models we tried, nothing stopped him! My hubs and I had a running joke that we should take Q over to the factories that make these "childproof" things and have Q try to get through them and if he couldn't then and only then could it be declared truly "childproof"

Patty April 13, 2012 at 1:30 pm

What a sweetie! That Ryan is so darn supportive!

Cindy April 13, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Oh good luck with the tent. FYI I deleted my personal facebook for good this time. I am done done done.

Dawn Wright April 13, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Praying this tent works :)

And your last post…..Sooo glad it isn't cancer!!! Totally get you on that!!