Hey girl! It’s why every day we’re back for more

by debi9kids on April 26, 2012

Will is not only addicted to pirates, but he is also in love with The Backyardigans,
has been for YEARS.
(Quite literally.)
He (and Emma) first noticed the show on the TV when they were babies and my then 4 year old Keith was watching it and they were in love.They were the only babies that I’ve ever had who even noticed the TV at such a young age, let alone got excited, turned their heads, and would sit fixated on the screen, often wiggling to the music. (SO cute!)

So, of course, it then made complete sense to both Russ and I to throw them a Backyardigan themed 1st birthday party, complete with costumes for their gifts bags and magnets that we gave as party favors.And Will’s love has just grown from there.
While his sister has moved on to greener pastures (aka My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, and even iCarly), Will has stuck by faithfully with The Backyardigans, often being known to recite entire monologues from episodes or singing every single song he’s ever heard in perfect tone and pitch.

Our DVR is currently housing 18 of Will’s favorite episodes and Will’s iPad is home to every season.

Excessive? Maybe.
But, he loves it and that’s what matters 🙂

And, now, for Ryan, because, you know, he.just.gets.it
And, after I joined Instagram, my friend Sunday and I had a little tit-for-tat about the fact that I never share pictures of myself smiling 😉
So…….(I know, I have something wrong with me 😉 )

Check out other Hey Girl posters at Extreme Parenthood.

Beth Zimmerman April 26, 2012 at 7:46 pm

It beats Teletubbies! 🙂

debi9kids April 26, 2012 at 7:47 pm

isn't that the truth? 😉

Delana April 26, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Lil Miss LOVES the Backyardigans and Wonder Pets! I sing that damn "teamwork" song more times than I count in a day…lol

debi9kids April 26, 2012 at 9:37 pm

same here!
I swear, I can sing EVERY single song from every episode. LOL
(Will loves the Wonder Pets too! That's his second favorite show 🙂

Cindy April 26, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I swear Kamden is that way with Toy Story. I would REALLY like to move on lol

debi9kids April 27, 2012 at 3:18 am

Yep. Hear ya! I'm ready to finally be moving on to something else… But, guess I'll be waiting on Will to dictate when 😉

Amanda @ Confessions April 27, 2012 at 2:33 am

I think the worst is when those songs from the kid shows start showing up in my dreams. I remember The Wiggles phase my older son went through and that damn "Fruit Salad" song. That song was everywhere.

debi9kids April 27, 2012 at 3:16 am

Oh yes! I've certainly had that happen more than a few times. My 10 yr old was addicted to shrek (1st one) and we watched it so much we had to replace the DVR 3 times.
Found myself singing and quoting that ALL the time 😉

Sunday Stilwell April 27, 2012 at 2:56 am

My son, Noah, still love Backyardigans. But he only watches the same 5 episodes.

I LOVE your poster and the picture of you with Ryan is spectacular!!

debi9kids April 27, 2012 at 3:14 am

Oh, Will def has favorites… The Masked Retriever, Save the Day, and Knights are Big and Strong topping the list. (Scary that I know the names. And scarier when Russ and I are out in datenight and quote something from one of the shows to each other ;). )

Ashley @ Stinker Bab April 27, 2012 at 5:16 am

Loved it!! So glad Ryan is a fan of the Backyardigans. Tyrone, Uniqua, and Pablo definitely have the groove. =)

Patty April 27, 2012 at 5:40 am

Oh, this soooo rocks! I love the pic of you and Ryan! So awesome!

Lisa ~ AutismWonderl April 27, 2012 at 8:32 am

I actually don't mind the Backyardigans. Those songs just stay in my head. And now, since I've read this, I'm humming "zoom zoom cruising the doons…"

I love the photo of you & Ryan. Looks like a lovely stroll in the park. 🙂

debi9kids May 4, 2012 at 3:14 am

Just reading this comment now and.guess what I'm now.singing too? LOL

(At least the songs are catchy, right?)

Christine@TheCupcake April 27, 2012 at 9:39 am

With mine it's Team Umi Zoomi and Dora. I swear I have learned more Spanish by osmosis than sitting in Spanish class for 3 years. LOVE the superimposed picture of you with Ryan…

debi9kids May 4, 2012 at 3:16 am

Same here. Wills twin sister loves Dora. I took German in highschool but probably have learned more.Spanish from Dora than I did German from my teacher 😉

Dani G April 27, 2012 at 10:06 am

Niiiiice! Not only is my little girl SUUUUUPER into the Backyardigans, she sleeps with a stuffed Tasha doll 🙂

debi9kids May 4, 2012 at 3:17 am

Will actually has Backyardigans sheets (had to have them made for him) and mini pirate Uniqua and Pablo.

Elle April 28, 2012 at 11:16 am

My kids are that way with Curious George and freaking Elmo. Not Sesame Street, just Elmo. I try to get them to watch the rest of the episode, ya know the more educational parts, but they vanish till….la la la la! Oyyyyy vey!

Ryan was so nice to take you on a stroll in style. Love it! 😉

debi9kids May 4, 2012 at 3:20 am

We totally had that same issue with my 3 oldest and Elmo except back in the day there was no such thing as Elmos World, so they just whined and complained through the episodes until Elmo came on.

Good times. "Fun" memories 😉