He said her name!

by debi9kids on May 8, 2012

Will has started to do a bit more talking.
It seems like almost every day he’s not only adding new words to his vocabulary, but he’s also actually using those words to tell us what he wants.
This.Is.Huge.
His latest thing is to constantly, and I mean constantly, ask for a bath.
Part of it is that in our new home, we have a jacuzzi,
and quite frankly,
autism + sensory issues + a jacuzzi = pure happiness

The other part is that everyone in our home just lives for seeing Will’s smile and so if he asks for anything, someone usually obliges.
(in other words, Will.is.spoiled.)

And I’ll admit, I am completely guilty of giving in as well, as scene (or heard) in the video 😉

So, when Will asked to go in the tubby, Henry took him upstairs, filled the tub, and gave in.While the tub started out as a nice and relaxing time for Will, where his senses were calmed and his mood made stable, Emma quickly decided that if Will was getting a tub that she was as well…And this is certainly not the first time she has jumped into the tub with Will,BUT, it was absolutely the first time EVER that Will really played with Emma.
PLAYED.WITH.HER!And, something even bigger, but while they were playing, in between his giggles, William called her “Emma.”My son.said.his sister’s name.
And I cried.

Joining in with 7 Clown Circus , Lolli and Parenting by Dummies for Wordful Wednesday and Sarah Halstead & 5 Minutes for Mom for Wordless Wednesday

And Twinfatuation for Way Back Whens-day.

Tubby Time with my twins, circa 2008

Lauree May 8, 2012 at 7:28 pm

My eyes well up with joy!

I've had the most horrible day, but reading this post fills me with so much joy! what a wonderful moment!

hugs!

debi9kids May 8, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Glad that Will could lift your spirits. You know, it seems that's the amazing gift that he is 🙂

Beth Zimmerman May 8, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Aw this is so sweet! And I have a LOT of well placed stickers in our family photos too! Josiah was referred to as the "nude dude" until at least 3 years old! 🙂

Chance May 8, 2012 at 7:52 pm

<3 awww! i teared up too!

angie May 8, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Oh. Oh. Oh. This post made me tear up. The smiles on their faces are just so bright and beautiful.

Sharalyn May 8, 2012 at 9:09 pm

OMG–I am crying for you! And Will! And Emma! What a *wonderful* moment!

Terri May 9, 2012 at 2:45 am

He has come so far! Love both those faces. Miss them so much!

Heather May 9, 2012 at 2:59 am

Awwwwwwww…….So excited for Will and for all of you!! =]

Terri May 9, 2012 at 3:17 am

Such pure joy. My daughter teaches children with severe Autism. I know how she feels when she experiences progress with one of her students. As a mother, I can not even imagine the pure delight you must have felt yesterday hearing Will say Emma. Happy #MothersDay to you!!! Thank you so much for sharing your joy (and your struggles).

Stacy Uncorked May 9, 2012 at 4:38 am

Awwwwww! That. Is. AWESOME!! Gave me goosebumps and tears – the happy kind. 🙂

The Cockatiel Project

Julie Bouf May 9, 2012 at 6:50 am

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Crying happy tears right now!!!!! What a milestone!!!!!

Funny, I never put the autism/sensory/jacuzzi tub thing together. I just thought it was something Katie liked. She begs for a bath in my tub almost every night-even when she doesn't need a bath (and of course, like Emma, Timmy insists that he must join her – even when I say no he strips and climbs in) 😉

16blessingsmom May 9, 2012 at 7:38 am

Debi, thank you for sharing this! I love reading your blog, love how you express both the good and the bad. But this post just plain made me smile. What beautiful children you have!

Della

Cat@jugglingact May 9, 2012 at 11:21 am

Huge huge tears of joy! So very very happy for you, i know how you treasure every single moment, every step forward.

Heather May 9, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Love, love, love this!!

Melanie @ Whimsical May 9, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Just AMAZING!! 😀

Cheryl May 9, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Oh Debi, tears are STREAMING down my face!!!! What an incredible, INCREDIBLE moment — Will's and Emma's FACES!!! Just joy beyond belief. I'm imagining yours was just as illuminated. Blessings galore to you….and know that this will simply be the first of many more to come!

Much love, and thank your for sharing this on Way Back When-esday!

Barbara Manatee May 9, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Yeah Will!!! Awesome! Such an awesome moment – it must've been music to your ears!!

Lisa May 9, 2012 at 6:45 pm

And now I'm crying!! God bless you Debi and your family.

This post made my night.

We too have a jacuzzi tub and Joey also loves it..we use it to help him unwind…but lately….since we are toilet training he hasn't gotten one.. only if he pees..i feel like a mean mommy..

Love the pictures!!

Gorgeous children. Beautiful family

Lisa May 9, 2012 at 6:47 pm

ps he does shower several times a day..it's just Joey will use the bath as a toilet and we have to take him out and shower him off anyhow..so the deal is..no pee on the toilet first then no bath..only shower…

didn't want ya to think i have a stinky kid..lol

debi9kids May 9, 2012 at 6:53 pm

No worries. I knew what you meant and I think it is SO awesome that Joey is pottytraining. So awesome!

Krystyn May 15, 2012 at 6:04 am

Oh, what a special moment..I got goosebumps.

Christy May 30, 2012 at 4:07 am

Awe!!!!! I have tears in my eyes!! I am so happy for you guys right now!!!