Goodbye.

by debi9kids on January 24, 2013

I know I said I would write until August 28th but frankly, after today,
I.am.done.
It’s been an amazing almost 8 years of sharing my family,
our ups and downs,
and I have enjoyed taking this journey knowing I haven’t been alone.

I have been accused today of being  unChristianlike by what I assume is a friend of a friend ,
and maybe this woman is right.
I can be judgemental,
I certainly can be disappointed and angry,
and I never seem to know when to just keep my thoughts to myself,
especially where politics are concerned.
And I know that can be off-putting and offensive and frankly,
I like the right to free speech.
I like opening my mouth.
I like voicing my opinions.
And maybe that isn’t very Christ-like.

The sad truth of it is that I am human and I make mistakes,
lots of them.
And I can’t do much to stop it other than pray for guidance.

And so, I am taking my flawed self and retreating from the public eye.
I am way too thin-skinned for this anymore.
I handle public love, prayers, and commitment wonderfully but taking a beating publicly,
not so much.

I appreciate the time you have dedicated to getting to know my family, as my children have grown from little kids into amazing young adults who make me proud every single day.
I thank you for the prayers and love you have extended to the Whitt family as we have all traveled this road of pediatric cancer and loss with them,
and I thank you for loving Will and allowing yourselves to understand autism through his amazing soul.
And I appreciate more than words can express being prayed for and often carried while I have struggled to survive infidelity. I truly could not have made it through without the prayers.

We are happy, and healthy, and blessed and I’m so glad you were here with me all this time.

Goodbye my friends.
God bless.
Most sincerely,
Debi

Sunday January 24, 2013 at 11:22 am

Sorry to see you go. I can totally understand why. You'll be missed.

You will stay in my reader, so if you ever come back, I'd still read it!

Crista January 24, 2013 at 11:27 am

I am not exactly surprised to hear this. I could tell your heart hasn't been in it for quite a while. However, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching your kids grow, getting to "know" you, and hearing of your adventures throughout the 5? or so years I have read your blog.

I wish nothing but the best for you and your family and I will keep you all in my prayers.

Au revoir :)

Wendy January 24, 2013 at 11:32 am

Will miss hearing about your family. I do understand that there comes a time when you have to move on. Congratulations on doing so. Wendy

Lauree January 24, 2013 at 11:33 am

I'm so sorry for this. I'm sorry someone feels they have the right to judge your Christianity. It is my belief as a Christian woman that I only have one to be judged by and I believe He will welcome me with open arms despite my faults. And I believe the same for you! much love, grace & peace to you and your family!

Kristie Angel January 24, 2013 at 11:41 am

Thank you for sharing your family with us. You will be missed!!

heather January 24, 2013 at 11:44 am

Sorry to see you go:-( Have really enjoyed getting to know your beautiful family! Blessings!

Mum-me January 24, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I'm sorry to read this Debi. I have enjoyed reading your blog over at least 6 of these past 8 years. Hopefully we can keep in touch via FB.

Renata January 24, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Sorry Debi to hear this. We are all sinners saved by grace ~ not our works because our mouths, our actions & especially our thoughts never match up to Christs' perfect model & we should all be deemed 'unChristianlike' daily. I'm sorry you were judged so harshly & although I have no idea what it was about, it's never nice to be criticised.

Much love to you & your beautiful family. I'm glad I can still watch from afar on facebook!

Blessings

Renata:)

Pol January 24, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Will really miss you :(

Laurel January 24, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Oh so sorry.

Oh so sad.

You will be missed.

Thanks for sharing your joys and your trials.

Thanks for sharing your kids and your marriage.

Thanks for your transparency, in a world where so many try to look "perfect".

Hugs & Prayers,

Laurel

Susie January 24, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I have really enjoyed your blog!

marion January 24, 2013 at 11:11 pm

sorry debi.

i met you because of your blog. and i will always be thankful.

xoxoxo

Jen January 25, 2013 at 4:06 am

Aw, Debi. You will be missed and I hope that you will still be on FB and some other social media places.

You are an amazing woman, and have been through so much and gone through that with grace. You are a strong person. I honestly wish you all the best.

Sharalyn January 25, 2013 at 9:37 am

((hugs)) You will be missed!

Colleen January 25, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Dear Debi:

I have never written before, but before you “go away,” I just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your blog. I actually came across it about two years ago when I was doing a search for the TV show “Eight is Enough.” You invite your readers into your family, and I have been a follower ever since. I liked the fact you were so real in your writing. You are a wonderful mother with so much to give, and have loving, giving children as a result. Thanks also for all the yummy recipes you shared. Take care of yourself and your family. You will be missed.

Mom-2-6 January 26, 2013 at 3:14 am

Debi, I'm sorry you had to suffer more hurt because someone felt she had the right to criticize what you said. I am a fairly new reader but your blog was an encouragement to me. You showed me that by God's grace, we can overcome huge hurts. I hope and pray that you and your family will continue to flourish.

Mimi January 27, 2013 at 10:45 am

I'm so sorry Deb! I'm just going through all of my emails and seeing this for the first time. So sad that you're ending your blog so soon, but totally understand. Lord bless you and keep you, make his face shine upon you. Thank you for the transparency you brought to all of us through your painful experience. Thank you for your honesty because it allowed us to be honest right back with you! I'm going to miss you, but am thankful that I know one day we'll be able to meet face to face as sisters in Christ. Blessings to you and your loved ones!

Carrot Jello January 27, 2013 at 8:49 pm

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?" Matthew 7:3

"Don't let the turkeys get you down" and don't let other people make you stop blogging. What do you care what other people think? Toughen up and keep writing! I just got here! Anyone who tells you you're "unChristianlike", is not Christ-like themselves. The people that are with you are more than those that are against you. Just keep swimming!

debi9kids March 18, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Thank you so much for your thoughts.
I have decided to blog again, but changing things up a bit.
Stay tuned.
And sincerely, I thank you!
Debi

cat@jugglingact February 18, 2013 at 3:56 am

Oh I am so sad, my great great many years long friend.

Joni March 11, 2013 at 12:12 pm

I miss reading you. Hope all is well.